"West Kootenay Centre" - Castlegar Has 37 Acres of Land for a Big Box Retail/Service Centre
The City of Castlegar is encouraging development of a big box retail centre to serve the Columbia/Kootenay Valleys on city-owned airport lands. Adjacent to the West Kootenay Regional Airport and the recently constructed Chances Gaming Centre (casino), this land services a trade area population of 60,000 people, and is both the largest and most accessible tract of raw, flat commercial land in the West Kootenay.
Download a Castlegar Information Package (including West Kootenay Centre Fact Sheet)
- Subdivision size is flexible.
- Servicing - the City extended water and sewer lines across the bridge (Columbia River) in 2011. Phase 2 construction planned for 2012 will extend potable water and sewer to the boundary of the airport lands.
- Land use - the site is designated as Regional Commercial Airport. Appropriate uses include: department stores, medium and large sized retail, service commercial, tourist entertainment and accommodation, auto dealers and service stations, professional offices and services, institutional (utilities) offices, work yards, and storage areas, and retail commercial including building, garden and nursery services and accessory yards.
- Access – the City is undertaking a traffic study with the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure to determine best layout for intersection access.
- Price is negotiable and depends on nature and scope of proposal. Contact the City at email@example.com for more information.